Gen-Xers with kiddos

We are Heath and Denise (the gen-Xers) and our kids are 6 year old Will and 5 year old Abby, both of whom we were blessed to adopt in March 2004 from Samara, Russia.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Finding out about our kids

After signing on with our adoption agency, VCI (http://www.venturesforchildren.org, we worked on gathering all of our required documents while VCI and their partner agency in Russia looked to find our children. I'll never forget finding out about my son and daughter-to-be!


This is the first photo we ever saw of Will. When we got it, he was 14 months old. So he was probably about 12 months old when the photo was taken. The night that we got Will's referral I had gone to pick up a pizza from our favorite place, Guidos. When I came in the door, Heath met me with an amazed look on his face and said, "we have a name!" I don't remember whether we ate the pizza or not, but I do remember spending all evening on the phone with Carol Harlan of VCI, finding out details about Will. When she emailed us this photo and I saw those eyes, I was instantly in love. It was a long six month wait before we would meet Will and see those blue eyes in person. But it was worth it!


This is our referral photo of our little princess Abby. She was 4.5 months old when we got the picture, so I'm guessing she was around three months old when it was taken. I remember crying tears of joy when I got the phone call from Carol. I had just seen Peter Pan with my mom and sister and we were on the way back to my house. I called Heath and he left work to meet up with me so we could see her photo together. One look at that little heart-shaped mouth and those expressive eyes and I knew she was mine, just waiting on us to come bring her home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home