Gen-Xers with kiddos

We are Heath and Denise (the gen-Xers) and our kids are 6 year old Will and 5 year old Abby, both of whom we were blessed to adopt in March 2004 from Samara, Russia.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Meeting Will for the first time

Will's baby house in Syzran, Feb. 21, 2004

Meeting Will for the first time.



Bundled up to play outside with us at the baby house.

From Heath's Journal Entry that day:

"Today was a good day. I met my son for the first time today. Denise may not have given birth to him, but that doesn't make it any less real... He is very reserved, but not really shy. You can already see an independence (something we may regret soon). He wants to explore and discover and play. He doesn't really need someone else to play with him, but he is quick to share his discoveries and joy. He kept finding little pieces of trash and running back to give them to us. I never thought I would be touched by a child handing me a piece of used tape covered in dust bunnies... I can not wait to get to know him better, to see what else interest him."

From Denise's Journal Entry that day:

"Well, what can I write to convey my feelings about meeting my son for the first time? Today I finally saw Will with my own eyes. I held him and kissed him. We played and laughed together. He is really finally real to me. I am still overwhelmed by the enormity of finally meeting my son. There aren't words to express those feelings."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home